Wednesday, September 10, 2008

First day of 2nd grade

Maycie is so excited to be in 2nd grade at her 3rd Elementary school! What are we doing to this kid? It doesn't seem to phase her though. If any of my kids adjust well to change it is definitely her. After she got off the bus the first day I asked her how it went and she said "Mom, it was FANTASTIC!" All of my fears for her vanished. She had the names of all her new "best friends" and who she ate lunch with, what she did at recess, and in true Maycie style went on and on and on and on and on......you get the idea. My sister had a pep talk with her boys (who attend the same school) that they need to be sure and talk to Maycie at recess since she wouldn't know anybody. Konnor came home and told his mom that Maycie was playing and talking to everyone at recess and had tons of friends. He said "she was tearin it up mom!" That made me laugh and also relieved me. I love this girl and I am so happy with how well she adjusts!

3 comments:

Jen said...

So cute Nat, I can't believe that you have a kid in Third Grade. That is so fun. The girls are so cute. Rylee started preschool and she was so excited, but is a little stressed now and is scared to go. I don't know what to do? Any suggestions?

Forsyth Family said...

She is just toooo cute--and with personality to boot!!!

Sullivan Family said...

i can't believe our kids are in 2nd grade. ugh i wanna puke! i wish the girls were back at noah's ark...