Monday, March 17, 2008

when children humiliate you

Yesterday in Sacrament Meeting, Ellie turned Paul's face bright red. I'm so glad she was sitting on his lap and not mine. The lady on the bench right in front of us was turned around smiling at someone coming in. Ellie pointed at her and said, "Hey Dad! She didn't brush her teeth!" The lady just turned back around and didn't say anything, so either did Paul. What are you suppose to do in a situation like that? Ellie got a talkin to in the car on the way home. But, it's bound to happen!
It was almost as uncomfortable as when Maycie was almost three in a Subway restaurant. There were three female employees working on the sandwich line. One of them was a "Pat". I could tell she was female, but only because of her...I don't want to say enormous rack, so we'll go with womanly figure. Maycie notices her and can't tell what gender she is, so she starts going down the line, pointing at each one saying "girl...girl... (and then she gets to "Pat" ) and scratches her head and says, hummm? Boy?" The girl said, "no honey, I'm a girl. I just have really short hair." Maycie looks at her confused and says, "no, you're a boy!" I could have died. I was whispering to her the whole uncomfortable time, shut up shut up shut up shut up. What do you do? AWWWKWARD!!!!!! Ya gotta love 'em! They're brutally honest.

4 comments:

Katrina said...

Kenji and I were laughing out loud reading this one. My kids haven't embarassed my too badly yet but I know it's coming!

Michelle said...

Oh man that is too funny! I love it! Lately Lincoln calls anybody with black hair "that black guy" and that gets a little awkward.

Melissa said...

This is honestly the best!!! I swear that it's in their genes to totally humiliate us! Parker is into calling every man he sees Guy. Not too bad, other than when he is doing it all the way through Walmart, "Hey, Guy." Yeah even to a lady. It's the best! I guess you have to love it! We do need to get together. If you come to Pocatello, call me!

Melissa

Tavia said...

I laughed so hard reading this! Thanks for sharing.