Monday, August 18, 2008

HELP ME!!!!

So, not that funny of a story. Last week I had a swollen, black eye. We won't mention how it happened, but maybe, just maybe it was a rare stint of unfortunate uncoordination...maybe. Anyway, I taped an ice pack to my eye for obvious reasons. Well, I always knew that I had a slight adhesive allergy, but apparently on my face it is not so slight. I have big, red, puffy hives everywhere the adhesive touched my face and I can't get rid of them. I have been taking Benadryl, and using hydrocortizone cream on them, but it seems no matter what I do they don't budge. Infact, if anything I would say they're getting worse. Oh, if you're wondering, yes, yes I am the most attractive I've ever been. Paul can't keep his hands off me. I've looked on the internet for help, but I'm getting more and more discouraged about getting rid of them any time soon. Anyone? I'll take ALL suggestions. Did I mention that they itch? And, I want to scratch my face off? HELP ME!!!

UPDATE: The doctor gave me a prescription for some kind of steroid cream. We'll see! Oh, and for all of you jerks that want me to post a picture so you can point and laugh at my expense because I look like Quasimodo... I'll think about it.

13 comments:

Kristy said...

Can you call a dermatologist for help? You are doing everything I would so, sorry I am not any help. I have the same allergy to 3M adhesive that they use in the hospital. I told my OB and he said that was too bad because every Dr. he knew owned stock in that company.

Katrina said...

That's no fun! I'm hoping that you've already gotten rid of your hives but if not, have you tried any essential oils like lavendar or chamomile? They're both supposed to help with hives. I swear using lavendar on my incision every day helped me heal fast from my cesarean when I had Maile. Good luck and let us know what the magic cure was!

Jewelia said...

What, no picture? Sorry girl but hives can take a long time to ged rid of, sometimes a week or more. Try a little baking soda and water paste for the itching. Just when you thought you couldn't get any prettier add some funky cream.

Sullivan Family said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sullivan Family said...

woops. benadryl is what i would've said. sorry quasimodo, but thanks for making me smile today.
http://i183.photobucket.com/albums/x301/berlius/quasimodo.jpg

Croslands said...

Ah come on all I really want is a picture to go along with that story. While you may be sad that story just made me laugh a little.

John and Laura said...

I'm sorry! But you're wrong about one thing--it was kind of a funny story. Although you could probably take any story and make it funny. I don't have any tips, though. Good luck and take a picture before it gets too much better looking!

Forsyth Family said...

Sorry--my only advice is go to the Doctor--what I really want to know is why we did not get a picture with that Posting!!!!!!??????

Jen said...

I dont know what to tell you, I guess go to the doctor. I was home a couple weekends ago and saw your grandparents. I love them, they are so great!!!

Ginger said...

I hope by now you're doing better. Surely the doctor helped. So I think the funnier story might be why you had a black eye in the first place? Let us know when you're back to your lovely beautiful self.

lutu's said...

hi natalie...amy told me about your blog. this is aly cochran now aly lutu just thought i would say hi hope to hear from you...our blog is jnalutu.blogspot.com...your kids are adorable and you blog is funny as i remember you in the uccu days

Sullivan Family said...

now you've got cream, huh? i hope it works for ya. sorry that sucks, but now i'm thinking shallow hal with the petroleum jelly

Tavia said...

Nat, you are too funny! Thanks for always having a good laugh for me...and yes, i'll be waiting for the picture. Hopefully, your MD also told you to not use the steroid creams on your face for too long.