Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Christmas at Grammy's House

Grandma and Grandpa Jones

Maycie and Ashley checking out Ellie's new Hannah Montana doll. (BTW, I'm so happy that with this Christmas alone my family has collaboratively paid for Miley Cyrus's tuition to the college of her choice.)


The older kids waiting for the young'ins to finish opening their presents.


I am going to do my best at telling this right. When my Mom and Dad were young parents, in college, and dirt poor my Dad had to sell his beloved (something something) Savage or something or other gun. He seemed to be bringing it up to my bro. Brad a lot how he wished so badly that he would have found another way and not had to sell his gun. So, being the amazing dude that Brad is, he searched and searched for months to find the exact gun. Amazingly enough he found it in UT at the same time Paul and I were visiting there and we were able to pick it up. These pictures don't do the moment justice when Dad opened his gun and said, "OH MY HECK! It's my (something something) Savage something." I think he even teared up a bit and all night he kept saying how special the gift was, and that he just couldn't believe he found it. It was awesome.

5 comments:

Kristy said...

I am such a baby, but seeing your dad made me miss mine a little but. That is so great you could get him a present that means so much to him. Those are the best kinds.

Katrina said...

What a neat story!!! Amazing that Brad was able to find it after all those years. Fun Christmas pics too!

Sullivan Family said...

what a sweet story! it always chokes me up when people get their "something somethings." :)

Home Business Help said...

I love the pics.

http://stephen-mangai.blogspot.com

Winter Tale Kennel said...

nice blog u have here. keep posting. u have such a lovely family....