Friday, September 19, 2008

The Cake

It is tradition that Paul decorates the birthday cakes in our family. It all started with Mayice's first B-day cake. I made such a mess of it, Paul had to save the day, and he did! It should come to no surprise to anyone who knows us that he is better at it. He can do EVERYTHING better than me, (except I always beat him at Boggle, woo-hoo!) Anyway, this year Ellie requested a princess cake that was white, pink and purple. Paul decided that he wanted to try fondant frosting for the first time ever. He even made it from scratch! The cake turned out to be very pretty and Ellie loved helping her dad make it. BTW, I did have to tie the bow with the fondant and it only took me about 45 minutes, so I guess I'm good for something.


The Finished Product

9 comments:

Melissa said...

I am so stinkin' impressed it's not even funny! So you have the whole b-day party act down. The Prince, Princess, fairy godmother, the dancing (which BTW I'm still laughing over that one), & the amazing cake. Paul my birthday is coming up & I would like a princess cake also! Green & Pink please.....

Kristy said...

I think he should quit his day job and doing catering.

John and Laura said...

oh my gosh! It's beautiful! Good Job on the bow, too!

joanne said...

Impressive Paul. That is so cute, and your party was so funny. I love it that you found a dress from the 80's. You guys are awesome

Croslands said...

Holy Crap! I cannot believe that your husband did that. That is so crazy to me. Way to go Paul. I will be expecting bigger and better next year. Maybe you should get him enrolled in some classes.:)

Ginger said...

Ya, Holy Crap!!! Did he do your wedding cake as well? I knew he was creative and good atdesign, but WOW! I totally shouldn't have shown Steve that Paul can decorate cakes better than me. I totally just fell in my husbands eyes.

Katrina said...

I was showing Kenji this post and telling him about how handy Paul is (a talent my husband unfortunately does NOT posess). When I scrolled down to the finished product, his mouth dropped open wide in amazement. It was so funny! Pretty dang impressive.

Kyle and Marci said...

Can I just say Mr. Crocker!!

Syndi said...

I'm pretty sure Paul can do everything better than everyone. That is seriously amazing Paul. Love ya